Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happy Diwali

What happened
Bomb blast in Delhi. 59 dead, 100+ injured.
All of them, women, children, men who were out there to buy or to sell, to celebrate the festival of lights, to be happy. Being from up north I can imagine the hustle bustle, the buzz in the air, the happiness.

And then there was the blast. People torn to pieces, life and happiness sucked out as if it was not there at all. I feel sad for what has happened. I feel sick somewhere down below, that I didn’t take up the offer to join NDA. I don't know how many jehadis I would have killed, I don't know how much difference that would have made to this whole thing but.....


What disturbs me
Is that none of the secular Islamic leaders of India had to say anything about it. Not even the CM of J&K, who remembers us only when he needs something for his state. People are afraid of calling this Islamic terrorism because they will loose a vote bank. On the other hand we have leaders who talk openly about having a Muslim CM for Bihar. We have leaders who want friendship with Pakistan and leaders who don't recognize the problems that we will face from Bangladesh in the near future. I don't know where this approach will take us. But certainly I don't have a good feeling about it.

No comments: