Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Is it really worth it?

In the morning mom cried over the phone. She said it's been a long time since she has seen me. She felt lonely, helpless,all alone and she cried.

Dadaji is suffering from memory loss. He is fighting a lonely battle in our village. He just can't let go. He has built everything from scratch and I can't ask him to leave it. Not that he will. But now at 80+ he is alone there with Dadi. Nobody to look after them.

Papa is not well, it frightens me to even think what will happen if he gets really sick. He live alone in that big flat and the only connection with me is that bloody phone line which sometime just does not work.

All of us have worked hard, I can say we have been morderately successful. We have three house, some farm land and we earn a more then decent sum every month.

But is it really worth it?



1 comment:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

Made a lot of sense. Thanks a lot for this post, pal.